Last updated: May 24, 2018
What types of information do we collect and how do we use it?
Information you give us. You may provide information by contacting us via our Website or email, telephone, social media, signing up for our newsletters or alerts.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organisation, we will use your information to:
- communicate with you;
- sign you up for our newsletters or alerts;
- contact you via telephone or email; or
- enforce our Website terms and conditions.
Technical usage information. When you visit the Website, we collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- your IP address;
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system;
- mobile network information; and
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website.
We collect this information in order to:
- personalise our Website to ensure content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Website and services to improve the Website;
- administer the Website and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- keep the Website safe and secure; or
- measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How do we share your personal data?
- cloud storage providers located in United States, to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- IT Services providers that provide us with SaaS services; and
- analytics and search engine providers located in United States that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification. We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the European Union country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.